Python is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Python supports multiple programming paradigms, including object-oriented, imperative and functional programming or procedural styles. It features a dynamic type system and automatic memory management and has a large and comprehensive standard library.The official repository of third-party software for Python contains more than 38,000 packages covering a wide range of functionality.
For whom Python is?
IT folks who want to excel or change their profile in a most demanding language which is in demand by almost all clients in all domains because of below mentioned reasons-
- Python is open source (Cost saving)
- Python has relatively few keywords, simple structure, and a clearly defined syntax. This allows the student to pick up the language in a relatively short period of time.
- Python comes with a large collection of prebuilt and portable functionality known as the standard library. Python has more than 20 Thousand modules. Every new development comes very early in Python like Hadoop interface, Raspberry Pi and many more!
- Python can run on a wide variety of hardware platforms and has the same interface on all platforms.
- You can add low-level modules to the Python interpreter. These modules enable programmers to add to or customize their tools to be more efficient.
- Django framework might be the most famous Python web framework, there is also a host of successful small and micro-frameworks.
Who use Python?
- Google makes extensive use of Python in its web search system, and employs Python’s creator Guido van Rossum.
- The YouTube video sharing service is largely written in Python.
- Disney uses Python in many of their creative processes.
- Mozilla uses Python to explore their extensive code base and releases tons of open source packages built in python.
- Dropbox file hosting service is implemented using Python, Guido van Rossum now working here.
- The popular Bit Torrent peer-to-peer file sharing system is a Python program.
- Intel, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Seagate, Qualcomm, and IBM use Python for hardware testing.
- JPMorgan Chase, UBS, Getco, and Citadel apply Python for financial market forecasting.
- NASA, Los Alamos, JPL, use Python for scientific programming tasks.
- iRobot uses Python to develop commercial robotic vacuum cleaners.
- The NSA uses Python for cryptography and intelligence analysis.
- And Many More
- Setting up path
- Working with Python
- Basic Syntax
- Variable and Data Types
- If- else
- Nested if-else
- Nested loops
- Accessing Strings
- Basic Operations
- String slices
- Function and Methods
- Accessing list
- Working with lists
- Function and Methods
- Accessing tuples
- Functions and Methods
- Accessing values in dictionaries
- Working with dictionaries
- Defining a function
- Calling a function
- Types of functions
- Function Arguments
- Anonymous functions
- Global and local variables
- Importing module
- Math module
- Random module
- Printing on screen
- Reading data from keyboard
- Opening and closing file
- Reading and writing files
- Exception Handling
- Except clause
- Try ? finally clause
- User Defined Exceptions